Monday, June 23, 2008

My Biggest Goal Yet - Can I do It?

So, most of you know that in the last year I have hit a lot of health/fitness milestones in my life. I feel like it's finally time to conquer my last fitness fear...running. For my whole life, I have been horrible at running and have hated it. I have a hard time breathing, my body moves too much, all kinds of excuses. Well, I am in the best shape that I have been in for as long as I can remember, so I think that the time has finally come.

My goal isn't to run a marathon, or even a half-marathon, but I would like to run a 5K. On September 20th, Nashville will be hosting the Chick-fil-A 5K. So, my goal is to be ready to enter as a participant in the 5K. I began this morning with a 2 mile walk along with a 1 mile walk/run. It felt good, and I have a REALLY long way to go, but I look forward to meeting this goal!

No comments: