Saturday, June 14, 2008

When I Grow Up


A few months ago, I got a book from the library for Ella that talks about what we want to be when we grow up. Since that time, we've occasionally asked Ella what she wants to be when she grows up. We were delighted when she said that she wants to be a teacher like Ms. Allison (which means that Ms. Allison must be doing a good job as far as Ella was concerned).


In the last week, Ella's answer has changed. She was sitting at the dining room table this week, and I casually asked what she wanted to be when she grows up. She quickly answered that she wanted to be a mommy. She then qualifies it by saying, "I want to make dinner, I want to make breakfast, and have a baby in my belly." She's obviously thought about it. I wonder about it sometimes, but then I remember what an important job it is to be a mother, and I'm excited that Ella is looking forward to it.

No comments: