Tuesday, July 24, 2007

It is finished


Harry Potter, that is. Brad finished late on Sunday night, and I finished last night at 1:00 a.m. I can't remember the last time I stayed up until 1:00 a.m. for anything, let alone reading a book. At about midnight, I was going to put the book aside and plan to finish today, but then I got to a particular point in the book, and knew that there was no way that I could go to sleep until I finished the book and knew what happened.


I was unsure about how I would feel about the book once I read it (I was a little disappointed in Book 5 and even more disappointed in Book 6), but I was not disappointed, it was amazing. There were things that I could have guessed would happen, but I never would have anticipated it happening in the way that J.K. Rowling put things together. She did a wonderful job, a fitting end to a wonderful series.


I have to admit that I am sad that it is over. No more new Harry news? But perhaps now I can convince my husband to name a boy child Harrison, and not everyone would assume that I am naming him after my hero, Harry Potter.

No comments: