Friday, October 3, 2008

What's the Matter with me?

Those of you who know me well know that when I say that I like sleeping, it's an understatement. I actually list napping as one of my hobbies. If a Sunday goes by and I don't get my Nazarene nap, I'm not a very happy camper. Lately, though, it seems that no matter how much sleep I get, I am never rested. I can sleep 8 hours a night and wake up feeling like crap, just the same as if I get 6 hours of sleep. I drag myself out of bed every morning bleary eyed and wanting more sleep. Every night when I get home, I count down the hours until I can go to sleep at a time reasonable to most adults (and after my 2 year old).

I just don't understand it. I eat a very healthy diet, I exercise about 2 hours a week, I can run 3 miles. Why can't I stay awake? One might think that it's some thyroid thing, but I've had that checked. One might say that it's because I am the mom of a toddler, but my toddler sleeps for almost 12 hours, and only 1 or 2 times a week wakes me up in the middle of the night.

I hate being tired, I want more energy. I have so much to do that I can't afford to go to bed at 9:00 every night. I just don't know how to make it better. Any suggestions?
P.S. I can't do caffeine, it gives me headaches and makes me want to sleep more!!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

You might consider taking B12 vitamins. It has helped me, but I'm open to other suggestions too.