Saturday, May 12, 2007

"Gardening"

In an effort to minimize the work that we have to do on our yard (neither of us are big yard people, heck, we don't even own a lawn mower since ours got stolen), we chose to put down mulch in front of our house with a few shrubs in it. However, the mulch looked increasingly horrid as little green plants sprouted up all over it. Our yard was beginning to look a little trashy.

So, Ella and I spent a few hours today out in the yard weeding. Boy does that take a long time. It led me to several questions 1) Why do people like yard work? 2) How do people who do lots of yard work know what they're doing? 3) How much energy do I want to put into my own yard? We don't even have much grass.

I keep trying to bribe our parents to come and set our yard up, and then I will take care of it, but that doesn't seem to be working out very well. Perhaps I need to learn to do some things myself. Anyone want to teach me?

No comments: