Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I thought that I was the favorite


Most days, I drop Ella off at school and Brad picks her up. However, on Wednesdays this semester, our schedules dictate that we switch. I decided that today I would leave work a little early and spend some extra time with Ella (a precious commodity in our household). As she and Brad were leaving this morning I told her that I would pick her up after nap. She looked crushed and said, "But mommy, I have to have snack, and group time and play outside then you can pick me up." I told her that I could pick her up at 3:00 and she said, how about 5:00 (funny, since she knows nothing about time). We continued to discuss it for a few minutes, but she never backed down. She wanted me to pick her up from school, but not until she finishes her favorite activities :) I guess that spending time with mom isn't top on her favorites list anymore.

1 comment:

Megan Johnston said...

Oh Sad!! You know what you need to make these moments better another Baby!! hahahhaa. However I must say my second is much more independent then my first!!!