Saturday, February 2, 2008

The End of a Long Journey...or is it just the beginning

This morning, I made it to the workout room at Trevecca for a weigh-in, which I hadn't been able to do before Christmas. I was a little hesitant when I went to step on the scale, but today, I made it to my goal weight!

When I began this journey on June 6, 2007, I didn't know if I would be able to make it. Could I really lose 31 lbs? I have been the same weight for the majority of my adult life, and my goal would have me weighing less than I did at my 9th grade physical. But, I knew that I was unhappy with the way that I looked and felt about myself and I wanted to change.


So, Brad and I began a long journey. We began to radically change the foods that we ate, the way that we cooked, and I began to work out 5-6 days a week. And now, 8 months later, I weigh 31 lbs less (if I count what I weighed when Ella was born, I've lost 60 lbs!) and we eat a great, healthy diet. It wasn't easy, but looking back now, it was worth it. Though let me tell you, I want to eat some Chinese food (the one single food group that I have avoided for 8 months!). I have to give a good deal credit to Sparkpeople.com, the best diet plan ever. It helped me to track my food, my exercise, and give me accountability for my weight loss. If you have struggled with diets in the past, I encourage you to check it out.
Today is a great day, and I am excited. But this doesn't mean that I can stop exercising and eat what ever I want. I think that we have successfuly made a life change. I look forward to Ella (and her someday siblings) growing up in a healthy household that will help to give her a great start in life. I hope that our lives will continue to be different!

1 comment:

Becca Clark said...

wow! congratulations! That's quite the achievement.