Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Downside of a Good Thing

So, I posted recently about my weightloss, and I have finally found a downside. I have weighed the same thing basically since I was a senior in high school (so like, for 12 years), with the exception of gaining 28 lbs when I had Ella. So, I have been able to aquire my wardrobe and several pieces over the last 12 years. There aren't a ton of things that I've saved for a long time, but good pieces, like suits, have lasted a long time. Well, going from a size 12 to a size 8 or even a 6 means that I can't waer any of those clothes anymore. Today, I went to a tailor to talk about altering my suits (thinking that it would be less expensive that way). What I found out is that losing so much weight basically means that he would have to take my clothes apart and basically remake them! This is expensive (over $100/suit!), and he said that some of them would be incredibly difficult to do, like my pants (since I lost over 7 inches in my waist!). Buying a wardrobe over 12 years makes it not too painful, but buying a lot at once can be a little painful. The only questions now are where do I find the best deals, and would I rather have new suits, or a fence in my backyard?

No comments: