Thursday, September 27, 2007

Nobody Likes to Wait, Including Me

I'm going on a short business trip this week to Baton Rouge, LA. I arrived at the airport at 8:30 for my 10:15 departure time, and was able to get right through ticketing and security. I soon learned that our plane was delayed, and delayed and delayed. I now sit at the Nashville airport waiting for the plane to get here in hopes of a 1:45 departure. I know that there's little that can be done about these kinds of things (it's all weather related), but I when I think of all of the things that need to be done at home, and how much I could have used these extra three hours of time, it makes me sad. Our lives have been absolutely crazy this fall, and these three hours could have made a big difference for me and the chores that await me at home.

But, maybe this delay can teach me a lesson. Sometimes I just need to stop and slow down. And it really is okay not to be doing something every single minute of the day. I'm off to get some lunch, and enjoy reading the magazine that has been sitting unopened at my house for 3 weeks.

No comments: