Wednesday, December 19, 2007

A cute, but crass, Ella story

Ella learned a fun song for her Christmas program at school (I promise that a video is on it's way), and here's how it goes:

Where is Santa?
Where is Santa?
I don't know,
I don't know.
Santa's coming,
Santa's coming.
Ho! Ho! Ho!
Ho! Ho! Ho!

There is also a second verse about Rudolph. Well, we are in the beginning stages of potty training, and every day, Ella sits on the potty before we get dressed. This morning, it was taking an unusually long time, and so I asked her, "Is there any pee-pee coming?" And Ella responded "Yes, and Poopy, too!" Then slowly and quietly (with no prompting from me) she began to sing.

Where is pee-pee?
Where is poopy?
I don't know,
I don't know.
Pee-pee's coming,
Poopy's coming.
Ho! Ho! Ho!
Ho! Ho! Ho!

I wasn't sure whether to laugh, because it was the funniest thing that I have heard in a long time, or to tell her that we don't sing songs about pee-pee and poopy. I have to say, being the parent of a toddler is a funny, funny thing.

2 comments:

Becca Clark said...

oh, we *so* sing songs about pee and poop. Ari gets a cookie for every successful time she goes "Poop With Papa!", which she says in very dramatic tones. Why she prefers to poop with papa rather than with mama (aside from the alliteration) is beyond me.

Jeff Bergeson said...

That's hilarious! Oh boy, I'm looking forward to when toddling Ana is also talking Ana! I hope you all are doing well. I haven't check in in a while.
Peace!